What is Energy Saver?
• EnergySaver is a truly exceptional cost effective and innovative product.
• EnergySaver increases the ‘heat transfer co-efficient’, which accelerates the heat transfer to the bulk fluid and increases
the overall efficiency of the heating system.
• Easy to install and supplied in ready to use solution.
• Over the past 6 years EnergySaver has been rigorously tested and proven.
Case Study - Scarborough Borough Council
Energy reduced by 11% and a payback of 1.1 years. But how did Scarborough Borough Council build the business case for tackling its ageing heating system? Click to read more...
How does EnergySaver Work?
Consider a typical heating system.
Hot water travels through radiators delivering heat to the room, it then returns to the boiler for reheating.
What happens in the boiler?
The water returning to the boiler fulfils two functions;
1. Some of the returning water contacts the hot metal of the fired boiler tubers.
2. It boils and transfers heat water causing its temperature to increase.
3. The rest of the water cools the hot metal.
What happens at the hot boiler tube?
Vapour forms at small micro cracks on the hot metal. This escapes in irregular clumsy bubbles within the crack where they are pulled into an oval shape (necking) before entering the bulk water.
THIS IS CALLED NUCLEATE BOILING
These irregular bubbles quickly coalesce effectively blanketing the tube and restricting heat transfer into bulk fluid.
The change that EnergySaver makes
EnergySaver is a proprietary blend of non toxic and completely safe fluid technology, it greatly reduces the surface tension of water. The change in surface tension alters the way bubbles form in the micro crack.
Image above shows bubble growth on a flat surface in a liquid at saturated boiling, (q¼110kW/m) (a) Water (b) EnergySaver treated water
• In (a) note the large oval shaped bubble.
• In (b) the myriad of smaller bubbles which form in the micro crack.
The Energy Saver Difference
1. It reduces the surface tension of the water
2. It changes the nucleate boiling characteristics
3. This means that is changes the rate of heat flow from the boiler tubes into the bulk water.
• The bulk water achieves a higher temperature than untreated water, ordinary water.
• The boiler tube cools down faster which means that the flue gases on the fire tube are cooler.
• The difference between the boiler tube temperature and the bulk water temperature is reduced.
The Benefits of EnergySaver
Water return temperature to the boiler is on average 7° C higher
• Radiators are warmer
• Rooms heat faster
• Boiler required less often
• Less fuel is burned